Shot-of-a-Lifetime has arrived in Washington
Washington’s Governor, Jay Inslee, is the latest to announce an incentive program for those vaccinated against COVID-19. Stating that this will be the most important lottery Washingtonians can be a part of.
While the state is planning to give out $2 million dollars in cash prizes, millions more has been allotted for Universities, airlines, sports teams and other companies to give out as part of the Shot of a Lifetime program.
The Governor announced the following prizes:
· Four $250,000 cash prizes given out weekly
· One $1 million-dollar prize given out on July 13th
· $1 million dollars to state funded four-year universities, two-year community colleges and technical colleges (given out in their own internal vaccination promoting campaigns)
· Thirty 1-year college tuition credits
· 300 Xbox and Game Pass consoles
· 20 Nintendo Switches with Super Mario Kart 8 Deluxe game
· 25 Google Nests
· 40 Echo Dots
· 2 Alaska Airline tickets to anywhere the airline flies
· 4 tickets or a full suite to a Seattle Mariners game
· 4 tickets to a Seattle Sounders game in August
· 2 Seattle Seahawks game with parking passes
· 4 2021 season tickets for the OL Reign with a team-signed jersey
· Concert tickets from the Seattle Kraken
· 80 state parks gift cards worth one week of free camping
· 80 gift certificates worth $100 for fishing and hunting licenses from the Department of Fish and Wildlife
· 400 Discover Cards to access state parks
In addition to these drawings, $1 million dollars in gift cards will be given to local businesses and $500,000 in retail gift cards to various stories will be handed out to those residents who are recently vaccinated.
As with other states, no entry is required beyond receiving at least the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. Anyone who received their vaccine before and after the program was announced will be automatically entered, except for those vaccines given through Veterans Affairs or the Department of Defense, those residents will need to opt-in for the drawings.